Labels

September 10, 2018

Noob Druid Part #1: Boosted

I have decided to use my free boost from the pre-purchase of BfA to create an Alliance Resto Druid.  I have not played Resto Druid before and thought this might be a nice thing to try out and I have chosen Alliance because, on my realm, there are many more alliance than horde and hopefully that means I can do some stuff.
My boosted Druid, a female Night Elf called Raspberi, started at level 110 with a completed artifact weapon, G'Hanir the Mother Tree, including 35 artifact levels and full 870 Springrain gear.  I also had a full set of Embersilk bags (22 slots) which contained 3x level 870 relics, a Flight Masters Whistle, a Hearthstone (set to Broken Isles Dalaran), a Laden Apple (food that restores health) and a Broken Isles Survival Kit.  The survival kit contained more food (Dalaran Rice Pudding x20), 20x Ley-Enriched Water (restores mana), 5x Ancient Health Potion, a Dalaran Hearthstone, a Shimmering Ancient Mana Cluster (gives 150 Ancient Mana) and 5x Tomb of the Tranquil Mind for changing your talents outside a major city.
When I arrived in Dalaran a crow (Stormcrow) appeared and turned into Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem who gives a quest Growing Pain (Speak to Archdruid Rensar Greathoof at the Dreamgrove).  I realised that I did not know how to get to the Dreamgrove which is the Druid Class Hall.  I walked around Dalaran for a bit but then thought as the Dreamgrove is located in the north of Val'Sharah I could just fly there.  As a boosted character I has a few flight points in the zones of the Broken Isles which was very useful.  From the flightmaster at Krasus Landing I flew to Lorlathil, Val'sharah and then mounted up to fly north to the Dreamgrove.  After arriving I spoke to Archdruid Rensar Greathoof and he gave me the quest Rise, Champions (Recruit Zen'tabra and Naralex), which is the first quest to get the champions in your class hall and the beginning of the Druid Class Hall quest chain.  He also offers the quest Another Weapon Of Old (choose a second artifact to pursue), where you can learn another artifact. 

I then began to set up my talents and as a total noob at Resto Druid I watched a couple of videos on Youtube.  While looking through the spellbook I found the Dreamwalk, which teleports you to the Dreamgrove, well that would have been useful 20 minutes earlier :)  I will keep you updated with my successes and failures as a noob druid healer, lets see how we get on.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Hearthstone Boost

    ReplyDelete