Labels

October 23, 2020

Shadowlands delayed

They have announced that the Shadowlands expansion for World if Warcraft is going to be delayed and instead of 27th October will now be released sometime later this year, date to  be confirmed.

At first I was annoyed and disappointed.  I was looking forward to the expansion and all the new content. My guild was also planning to raid again in Shadowlands after not doing much in BfA and I was looking forward to that too.  However, as I didn't know much about the reasons for the delay I decided to reserve judgement until I found out more.

I have watched a couple of popular YouTubers talking about this and both of them agreed the delay was a good idea.  If Shadowlands isn't right then it needs to be fixed before it goes live.  Not everything can be fixed in hot fixes.  The main concern seems to be with regards to balancing the specs and some people will say that doesn't matter to anyone except the elite 1% but, if a covenant ability makes someone do 50% more DPS and there is nothing you can do about it, then It is broken and it needs to be fixed.  There are other things that need fixing too, to do with the end game, and it just needs a bit of polish before it goes live, but hopefully we won't have to wait to long.

On the positive side we have also been waiting for a date for the pre-patch and this is now live (as of 13th October) which  is excellent and I'll do a post on this soon and what I think of this so far.  

Shadowlands is coming we just need to wait a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment