Labels

October 15, 2020

PVP noob to PVP not quite such a noob

I am terrible at PVP, always have been.  I think I am just a bit too slow to keep up with all the jumping about and what's going on, but recently, me and a friend decided to try out a bit of arena 2v2, just for something to do as it is near the end of the expansion. 
I have run a few arenas before with another good PVP friend where he basically carried me describing me as "like butter", which is definitely not a compliment when it comes to PVP :)  But I have never played for any extended time as I was so bad!  

However this time, with our unholy DK, holy paladin combo, we did ok.  We actually got a few wins and some ranking points.  We got up to 1350 and then it started to go wrong.  We'd play an evening and win a few matches and lose a few matches and end up to within 20 points of our start rating for the day. We even got up to 1399 one time before falling back down again to around 1350.  

Until...  after a little break we went for it again, and in one night soared past the Combatant achievement rating of 1400.   
We now believed we could even get a bit higher, maybe even make it to a 1600 rating.  A few days later we made it to 1550 but 1600 still felt a long way off.
But then we did it :)  Just two weeks later we achieved our goal and we got the Challenger title.
In these few weeks I also got a few other achievements, here are a couple.
Most of this honor was from Legion PVP World Quests while doing almost no actual PVP

Our next challenge is up try and get the PVP mount, Vicious White Bonesteed.  This is rewarded after winning arena matches with a rating above 1400.  So far we are at 61% but the end is looming. The PVP season ends with the prepatch for Shadowlands and that is coming on 13th October.

It has been fun, PVP Shadowlands here we come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment