Labels

January 21, 2021

Shadowlands is here!

Tuesday.  11pm UK time and we are all waiting in Orgrimmar as this is the time a quest will pop up and our adventure in the Shadowlands will begin.  As I wait there is a large crowd of people milling about outside Gromash Hold.  I am concerned, half expecting 11o'clock to tick up and to get disconnect from server and then 'you are in a queue' when I tried to log back in, but not this time.  At 11pm UK time the quest appeared and after accepting it I took the portal to meet Highlord Bolvar Fordragon in Icecrown Citadel.  As a champion of Azeroth my help was needed once again to help defend Azeroth against an enemy, this time coming from the Shadowlands.  By empowering the crystals a portal was created to take me to the Maw.  The fate of Azeroth fell on the shoulders of a brave few once again.


This was Shadowlands on launch day which went really well.  I went through the first few hours with a few of my guild mates and there were no bottle necks, no disconnects and the story was good.  If anything we saw very few people around.  After a while a few friends had to go to bed but I carried on until the early hours when I to succumbed to sleep.

The next day I had booked off work so I continued to level enjoying the beautiful scenery in Bastion and getting distracted from the main storyline by pets to collect and side quests.  Taking it slow and appreciating the story which included a large number of cut scenes, which I personally enjoyed.  

I finally got the level 60 the next day having journeyed through the beautiful golden scenes in Bastion and the leafy green woods of Ardenweald.  Having visited the strange and boney zone of Maldraxxas and finishing in the dark, spooky zone of Revendreth.  All the zones look different and have a unique feel about them, now its time to return to the main city, Oribos and choose a Covenant.  And what a choice I have to consider where do I want to spend my time?  Which zone and covenant to I want to join?  Which has the best powers for me? or which is just looking like the most fun?  Time to choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment