Labels

May 10, 2020

Nice Mount Day from Islands

As of patch 8.3 you can now purchase loot boxes for the Island Expeditions.  Each week Captain Kitt (for Horde), who is located near the Island Expedition table in the Port of Zandalar, has some boxes for sale for the cost of 50-175 Seafarer's Dubloons.  For Alliance the boxes are sold by Captain Nightrunner (66,32) in Boralus.

This lucky week the boxes available were:
Crestfall Salvage (175 Dubloons)
Jorundall Salvage (175 Dubloons)
Verdant Wilds Salvage (120 Dubloons)

I had some Dublooms saved up so I bought a few boxes.  The boxes can contain pets, mounts and transmog rewards which usually drop from the islands.  From my first box, Crestfall Salvage, I got four items Old Jon's Left Hand (Fist Weapon), Plundered Pirate Admiral's Bicorne (transmog), Leatherwing Screecher (pet) and 2x Island Flosam (rep tokens)

Old Jon's Left Hand
Leatherwing Screecher (pet) and Plundered Pirate Admiral's Bicorne (transmog)
From my second box, also Crestfall Salvage, I got three items, Squawks (mount), Azeroth's Tear (rep token) and Black Tooth Grunt's Pauldrons (transmog)
Squawks (mount) "Guess why he's called that?  It's not because he's a nice quiet pet."
From my third box, Verdant Wilds Salvage Box, I got three leather transmog items, Spiritbough Crown, Spiritbough Grasps and Feralbark Shoulders.

Also whilst running a few islands with my friends I got Surf Jelly.  Initially when I saw this drop I thought it was a pet and didn't really look at it until later when I checked my bags and realised it was a mount.  This is a mount that only works in water.  If you jump near the surface it will despawn which is a little annoying however, you can use it in Nazjatar.
Surf Jelly (mount) "The time between being stung and being enveloped and devoured is short enough to consider not swimming in the Great Sea."
Good luck if you open any boxes and good luck with island runs.  Mounts seem to be quite rare.  These were the only ones I have got from all my previous runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment